“Practice asanas by creating space in the muscles and skin,so that the fine network of the body fits into the asana”
In yoga we move our body in different directions in relation to the gravity and when it comes to forward bends it can vary from each asana. We have sitted forward bends, standing forward bends standing /balance forward bends.
To extend our bodies forward is to move in the direction that life invites us to move. When it comes to the breath in yoga moving forward we move on the exhalation on the outbreath and thus mean that we release and letgo to the pose.
Sitted forward bends benefits :
- Calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression.
- Stretches the spine, shoulders, hamstrings.
- Stimulates the liver, kidneys, ovaries, and uterus.
- Improves digestion.
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause and menstrual discomfort.
- Soothes headache and anxiety and reduces fatigue.
Standing forward bend benefits :
- Stretches the hips, hamstrings, and calves.
- Strengthens the thighs and knees.
- Keeps your spine strong and flexible.
- Reduces stress, anxiety, depression, and fatigue.
- Calms the mind and soothes the nerves.
- Relieves tension in the spine, neck, and back.
- Activates the abdominal muscles.
|Never force yourself into a forward bend, especially when sitting on the floor. Coming forward, as soon as you feel the space between your pubis and navel shortening, stop, lift up slightly, and lengthen again. Often, because of tightness in the backs of the legs, a beginner’s forward bend doesn’t go very far forward and might look more like sitting up straight. One breath at a time xx|
Stay tuned xxx